You have challenged a Úlfheðinn or Berserkr to a fight. This is not a friendly fight. Please read the following rules governing the fight, and provide the required information for preliminary registration.
- You shall be a biological male.
- You shall provide a copy of your passport or other applicable travel document.
- You shall provide negative HIV, HAV, HBV, HCV, HSV-1 and HSV-2 blood test results performed within 30 days prior to the fight, and submitted no later than 14 days prior to the fight.
- You shall provide a read, signed, and witnessed Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement.
- You shall provide proof of medical insurance in the country where the fight is to take place, no later than 14 days prior to the fight.
- You shall provide proof of admissibility to Norway and Russia (including issued Visa), no later than 14 days prior to the fight
- You shall provide a copy of your travel arrangements, including transportation as required and accommodations, no later than 14 days prior to the fight.
Rules of Engagement
- Location of hólmganga is to be assigned at the discretion of the challenged party. Typically, it will take place near Sør-Varanger, across from the Norwegian border, in Russia (Pechengsky district), beyond the reach of modern courts.
- Form of glíma to be used during the hólmganga is lausatök, which consists of aggressive, loose-grip or free-grip, free-style wrestling and grappling.
- Fight is to take place on a defined area approximately 3 meters in length on each side.
- No firearm or weapon of any kind.
- No shield. No protective gear or equipment.
- No jewelry. No piercings.
- No clothing outside of Icelandic wool shorts, and no footwear.
- Damages to be provided by loser to winner shall be agreed-upon prior to fight, and shall involve a substantial level of submission, financial, personal, or otherwise.
- The first man who steps outside of the defined boundaries of the fight, or who loses consciousness, is deemed to have lost the fight.
- If you run away from the fight, you are deemed to have lost the fight, and you shall be designated as a níðingr.
- You shall provide damages agreed-upon prior to the fight to the winning party.
- If you fail to meet any of the pre-clearance conditions (except negative blood tests), if you fail to comply with any rule of engagement, or if you fail to honor agreed-upon damages, you shall be designated as a níðingr.
- If your blood test results indicate a positive for HIV, HCV, HSV-1 or HSV-2, without prior knowledge, the hólmganga will not take place due to health considerations, without prejudice.
- If your blood test results indicate a positive for HIV, HCV, HSV-1 or HSV-2, with prior knowledge, the hólmganga will not take place due to health considerations, and you will be deemed to have lost the fight.
- If you are not a biological male, and decided nonetheless to challenge a Úlfheðinn or Berserkr to a hólmganga, you shall be designated as a níðingr.